Buffalo Trumpet Hang Scheduled

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by entrancing1, Dec 5, 2011.

1. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Sounds exciting and from the signature line, it looks like Olds will be well represented. I wish I lived closer to Buffalo as I would really love to be there.

Personal question: Are dogs welcome?

3. entrancing1

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    If it were up to me, absolutely! Unfortunately, it isn't up to me. :-(

4. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    What is a trumpet hang? I am in Niagara Falls, Canada.

BrotherBACH

5. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    I will be there! And I may be bringing a whole bunch of friends!

6. entrancing1

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    A trumpet hang is an informal gathering of trumpet players, bringing their horns to show/play, and try other's horns. I will also invite some music stores to put their horns out for folks to try. And will ask a member of the Buffalo Phil if they might want to make themselves available for lessons on site and perhaps gather some ensemble sheet music to play together to put a cap on the afternoon. Admission will be $5.00, Pizza and wings another $5.00, and since it is being held at an American Legion Post there is a cash bar available.

I will be bringing my collection of Olds and Bueschers.

I need to let you all know that I have an agenda in addition to having a great time at the Hang. Funds raised in excess of costs will go to support a project to memorialize a trumpet player and the Co-Founder of Buffalo Niagara Concert Band.

May of 2010 the Buffalo Niagara Concert Band and the Western New York community suddenly and tragically lost Co-Director Geoff Richter. Geoff was an Eastman School of Music educated trumpet player and educator. Recently retired from teaching high school instrumental music, Geoff was very well known throughout Western New York for his virtuoso performances, endless energy and enthusiasm for music and music education. After retiring he continued to serve the community by co-founding the Buffalo Niagara Concert Band, performing in the German show band, “The Frankfurters” and continuing to serve as music director for local high school musicals. The Buffalo Niagara Concert Band has commissioned a piece in his memory. Proceeds from the Buffalo Trumpet Hang will support the commission and premier performance of “Tribute” Composed by Los Angeles composer Michael Kibbe in honor of Geoff Richter. This performance is scheduled for Friday May 11th.

For more information about Geoff and the project visit this web page

http://www.bncb.org/Richter.php

I will post more details about the Hang as the plans firm.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  7. entrancing1

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    I hope you come:D

8. hahkeystah

hahkeystah Piano User

Jan 12, 2011
    Charlottesville, VA
    I wanna go... I'll have to find some of the other cats on here in my area (i know there's at least 2 of em) and get one of our own going. great idea!

9. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Well, I certainly hope to attend and bring a car load of horns with me. Will start planning now.

10. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Have you contacted any Upstate/Western NY Instrument Dealers to set up booths?

PS: I'd REALLY, REALLY like to try a Getzen Genesis!