Buffalo Trumpet Hang Scheduled

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by entrancing1, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    I am sorry to say I will not be attending. I have been watching the facebook link daily for the last week and a half and it hasn't changed. I will be trying to get a spot at this event in Toronto . . .

Feb 18th (2-4 PM) - Trumpet
    Doc Severinsen
    The great Mr. Doc Severinsen will honour us with a clinic at Long & McQuade. Doc is playing on the newly designed Shires Destino III trumpet, a horn that he had a hand in developing along with the S.E. Shires Company. After leading The Tonight Show band for 30 years, Doc has played and toured extensively as a performer with his Big Band, the San Miguel 5, and as a Shires artist and educator. Come and interact with one of the great trumpet virtuosos of our time!

*Attendees of the Doc Severinsen clinic can enter to win 2 tickets to see Doc perform with the Toronto All Star Big Band on February 19th.*

veery, I hope to meet you someday, perhaps as a side trip on one of my runs to Allentown to visit family (one of them attends college in Ithaca). entrancing, thanks for your work arranging this hang.

2. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Four vendors coming, Twin village music is bringing 30 new professional trumpets. Al Hemer's specialty is Sheet Music. Also in attendance will be Akron Music Studios and McClellan's Music House.

3. entrancing1

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Shenandoah - YouTube Ending ensemble at the trumpet hang. It was lightly attended but enjoyed by all that were there. Sorry I didn't take more photos. I didn't even get a shot of my own display. Veery715's was very impressive, Folks loved his brand new, (2 days in his possession) Selmer and Getzen Genesis. Thanks again Veery for making the trip.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    WOW! Very cool!
    Anyone try to abscond with said entrancing one and boat (motor) ? :-)

5. entrancing1

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Nah, There were too many entrancing trumpets ;)

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thanks so much for sharing your experience and photos. I attended a trumpet hang back in November in Columbus and did not know how to upload photos at that time, but this one was taken by Cowtowntrumpet. This hang was what led to my recent purchases of my Martin Committee and my Kanstul 1526 flugel.
    [​IMG]

Another TMer and I are working on a hang here in Dayton soon. Hopefully, more to come on that.

7. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Bunch of folks spitting in each others horns...sounds fun...too bad I'm not anywhere near new york. Hope you get to try the Getzen Dave...I like my Edwards/getzen quite a bit.