Bugles Across America

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by FrenchBesson, May 24, 2009.

1. FrenchBesson

FrenchBesson Pianissimo User

Jul 2, 2008
    There is an organization "Bugles Across America" that supplies live taps
    at funerals of Veterans. The ex Marine, that runs this organization supplies buglers and makes up the monitary deficit, himself. Will some of you folks volunteer and maybe send a contribution?

www.buglesacrossamerica.org

2. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I don't think he is an ex marine. Once a U.S. Marine, always a U.S. Marine.
    The proper term, I am told, is former U.S. Marine.

3. jtbtrumpet91

jtbtrumpet91 Pianissimo User

Jan 30, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    The founder, Tom Day, will be appearing on the Chris Wallace Show (Fox) tonight

4. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ

X2. It is a very worthy organization that provides the sounding of Taps at funerals of our fallen military veterans.

Our buglers do not have to be former military themselves. The only requirement is knowing how to play those 24 notes, and a desire to volunteer your time in your local area for our veterans and their families that more than deserve this special tribute.

5. FrenchBesson

FrenchBesson Pianissimo User

Jul 2, 2008
    Dear Stchasking:

Whatever...I'm 67 and a veteran..so I have some say...This is the problem with TM and TH...Some guys forget content and just become nit-pikers.
    Usually kids,"trolls" and idiots.

Just send the guy some money and or volunteer and spend your time constructivley.. "Come on" man.

6. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    French Besson,

No Marine that I have ever met either refers to himself as an "ex-Marine" even if they before/later served in another branch of the military. "Once a Marine, Always a Marine!" Just ask 'em! Now let's hear another strain of the "Halls of Montezuma and the shores of Tripoli!"

By the way, Bugels Across America has been mentioned many times at TM and the organization is highly spoken of by the folks here, including Stchasking. I don't think he needs to prove anything to us or you...His comment about Marines was not made to disrespect anyone only to clarify terms.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  7. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    I am a member of Bugles across America and welcome the chance to sound taps when I can. I'm 66. I hear from my wife, via Dear Abby , there is a call to sound taps at 3pm wherever you are tomorrow. No problem , I have a flag out and open window and lots of neighbors.:play:

8. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

I will join you in that effort from up here in Grand Rapids.

OLDLOU>>

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yes, but will it be the same 3pm? Respect man.

10. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    Here in Alaska Gene Horner is the Bugles Across America leader he is a good man , and a retired piledriver.