Bugles Across America

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by FrenchBesson, May 24, 2009.

1. mrbill00

mrbill00 Pianissimo User

Apr 20, 2009
    Middle of Georgia
    i became a "comeback player" to do a dedication program (flag, 21 guns, taps) at a new road "Vietnam Veterans Memorial Parkway" in our town. i then joined BAA and in the process i decided i wanted to play more music...i then got hooked up on TM.
    this weekend has been busy, but rewarding, playing those 24 notes...and the good part is i am improving over all , and enjoying it (@62)
    ...got to go, another service at 1000......

2. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    You're right, each time zone is different of course:-) Sort of an echo effect on a large scale.

3. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    This is a great organization that I am proud to be a member of. I played TAPS at two ceremonies yesterday and felt honored that I was asked.

4. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Mission Accomplished at 3pm with enlisted wife in attendance.

This is one "Mission Accomplished" that really happened. Hope there were many others that participated.:play:

5. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

I told you that I would, and I did. I got a very nice compliment about my rendition from my neighbor from across the street who is principal clarinetist with our local symphony orchestra.

OLDLOU>>

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Enlisted wife? Not even a non-commissioned wife? Mine's definitely a non-comm - a Regimental Sgt Major I should think. ROFL (Left,Right,Left,Right wheel in the naughty Trumpet player) ROFL .

7. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Cool, having a fan club member across the street must be gratifying. Of course, you have told me many stories about her musical activities. Well, I guess we go Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo covered. I got a request from BAA that they need a bugler at 2894 Patterson se at 1700 on the 28th. Apparently it is a cemetery and and the person in question was interred a couple of years ago but never had taps sounded. It's farther than I want to go and hope some other BAA member will pick it up.

8. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Oak Shade Cemetery in Marion, Iowa. 11:58 am CDT at the flag pole.

9. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

I agreed to accept that commission. I am going to have to call the cemetery to find the location of the grave site in that monstrously large burial park. The son in law of the decedant will be coming over from Wisconsin with his wife for the sounding of Taps.

OLDLOU>>