Bugles Across America

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by curdog, Apr 29, 2010.

1. curdog

curdog New Friend

Apr 19, 2010
    Carthage, Texas
    Do any of you belong to Bugles Across America? This is a group that provides a bugler/trumpet player to play Taps at military funerals. :play:

2. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    yes

3. Officer235

Officer235 New Friend

Apr 25, 2010
    Latrobe, PA
    I've been a member since 2007, only got a horn last week. I'm working on it but it will be a while until I can sound TAPS at any funerals.

4. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    I consider it an honor to be a performing member for several years.

OLDLOU>>

5. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Yes:oops:

6. Harry Richardson

Harry Richardson New Friend

Jan 17, 2010
    Yes. My father was in the military, and the thought of someone playing a digital bugle for a military funeral really irritates me. I believe every trumpet player should join.

7. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    I belong, but I have yet to give a service.

8. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    I called my son's father-in-law today to ask him to inform his American Legion Post that I was available to sound Taps if needed. was informed that they had a digital bugle that a former general used at services.:shhh:
    however he said that sometimes they've got two goung at the same time or period and that having me to help out would be appreciated.......Buck:oops:

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I'll second on the irritation of the digital bugle, Sounds pathetic ... no projection. Last week saw the guts fall out half way through. Another walked up to the fake bugler and snatched the bugle from his hand and proceeded to play it LIVE terrific. Chalk up another 103 people against it besides myself ( I counted the mourners). TG it was a real bugle! To be sure that is one unit that will never be used again as it broke on a foot stone. Too, the cost of these is outrageous!

10. Birthofthecool

Birthofthecool New Friend

Jan 21, 2010
    Is there an age limit for Bugles Across America? Im only fourteen but i would love to do it. I cant believe someone would play one of those horrible electronic bugles..... It sickens me. Servicemen deserve a real Taps at their funeral.