Building the chops up... (video)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by T-Money, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Kantza

Kantza Pianissimo User

May 28, 2012
    Belgium
    "I've realized that I have a natural talent for playing up there"
    "I cracked the D in both octaves the goal was to not blast anything"

Work on your tone first...

2. T-Money

T-Money New Friend

Jun 21, 2014
    I mentioned that I had been practicing. That was close to the end of that practice section. :D I'll try to make a better video closer to the begging of my session doing an arpeggio on the concert f scale so y'all can hear the G.

3. T-Money

T-Money New Friend

Jun 21, 2014

Thank you, I'll do just that.

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    T-Money, I agree with Rowuk that you have some air issues--tone aside, your playing sounds like you are closing off your throat to play up high. Could be it came from playing softly in a closet. Please send us a version "out of the closet" so we can hear you again.

5. T-Money

T-Money New Friend

Jun 21, 2014
    I'll have to wait for the right time, I really don't want to make the neighbors mad. :D :D :D :D

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    It is humorous because you are posting in circles, like many other players with a similar level of experience. You claim to only post 75% of what you can do, and then try to discuss what you didn't show.

I don't believe that you currently CAN play reliably better. I believe that better is luck and no amount of internet help will change it. You read selectively and respond without understanding the answer. This is perfectly normal.

The most humorous part is you playing the high chops expert. Even that is normal, you all eventually learn the hard way.

7. T-Money

T-Money New Friend

Jun 21, 2014
  8. T-Money

T-Money New Friend

Jun 21, 2014
  9. T-Money

T-Money New Friend

Jun 21, 2014