Busking laws

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MSfortissimo, Nov 8, 2011.

  1. coolerdave

    coolerdave Utimate User

    Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    rumor has it the last guy who said that got booted by the moderators
  2. stumac

    stumac Fortissimo User

    Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    City of Melbourne Australia issue licenses to buskers, I dont think there is a fee but the numbers may be limited.

    Regards, Stuart.
  3. BrassEye

    BrassEye Pianissimo User

    Sep 9, 2011
    This is precisely the problem with asking a question like this on a global internet forum. City of Melbourne in Australia issues licenses. Where I live, you don't need a licence, but you mustn't cause a disturbance (I have that in writing from the council). Other places pay you as a street performer but you can't collect money yourself. The only way you can be 100% certain is to do what I did and contact the local authorities, explain what you want to do, and ask what licence (if any) you need. If you do it in writing, even better.
  4. hup_d_dup

    hup_d_dup Piano User

    May 28, 2009
    Tewksbury, NJ, USA
    This topic comes up often enough that it occured to me that some enterprising person could start up a website. However I rarely come up with an idea that has not already been implemented.

    Google "buskers website."
  5. turtlejimmy

    turtlejimmy Utimate User

    Jun 6, 2010
    Sounds like the OP just wants to busk for a weekend. A phone call could tell you if a license is needed, but after what another poster here said about street crime in San Jose, my thoughts are .... Keep an eye out for being careful as well. Usually a place that has good foot traffic is safe for buskers. And have fun! Busking can be a blast.


Share This Page