BUT MOM!!!! IT'S MY HOMEWORK!!!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Solar Bell, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
  2. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Wow, did he really think that project would yield positive results? Sure, I could see where he was going with it, but not with 14 and 15 year olds.

3. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    That sounds more like a college level topic, not a high school topic.

4. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Judgement is the better part of valour.

5. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Although I agree with all of you...

A secret survey would find that most of those kids have already done their "assignment"... at 15!

Frontline, (PBS program) did an excellent documentary a few years back on the level of sexual awareness and experience in todays kids. It was an eye opener... but it shouldn't have been. When I was in HS in the mid 70's (and we didn't have the internet back then)... the sexual intelligence and experience was high to say the least. I should not have been surprised that it got "worse".

My 2 cents is that we (as Americans) like to keep our heads in the sand about such social issues. I'm not a parent, so I speak from NO experience... but being raised in a home where sex, alcohol and drugs were talked about openly ... I would raise my kids in a similar fashion.... and because of that, I was not educated on such things on the streets or (God forbid) in the public schools. These things should be taught at home. OMO

6. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    I must say I would have loved to have that assignment back then - but I do agree that it was innapropriate for them, since they cant even veiw it legally, among other reasons

7. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    If my daughter came home with that assignment I would got a group of parents together and camp out at the School Board office until the teacher was fired. :x

Last year in Colorado an internet assignment was to find a website that tuaght you how to make an explosive. Three weeks later they caught kids making bombs to blow up the school. With the memory of Columbine still fresh in many peoples minds that was too much for them to handle.

The teacher was released, but then rehired when they filed suit against the school system.

In the age of technology we need to be very careful about whatwe assign to our students.

8. Bugler997

Bugler997 Pianissimo User

Mar 22, 2005
    VA
    "Students were asked to write... [of] any experience they had with it."

Ummmmmm, ok.

9. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ewww....

Lara