Buying a new trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Nathaniel, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Nathaniel

Nathaniel New Friend

Mar 2, 2009
    My friend is going to buy new trumpet, because, his trumpet was stolen.

He is interesting in this model:
    Vincent Bach LR180S-43 H

I am from Europe (Croatia), and does anybody know where can we buy this trumpet, Germany or something like that?

I have picture, here it is:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. oohhh yeah

oohhh yeah Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2008
    B.C. Canada
    That's a great looking trumpet. It looks quite expensive though, and I don't think you should spend that much money on a Bach.

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Musikhaus Bertram in Freiburg, Germany should offer some good prices: Musik Bertram Freiburg - Willkommen

You might want to check out the B&S trumpets--they are made in Germany, and in my opinion their Challenger series is a better Bach than what Bach makes.

Good luck!

4. Pete

Pete Piano User

Nov 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    The Bach LR180S-43 H would have a reverse leadpipe, and a 43 H (heavy) bell. The Standard LR comes with a regular weight bell which is probalbly more balanced with the horn. Another alternative for him is The B&S JBX trumpet. It has a reverse leadpipe, and a 43 bell, and is a great copy of the Bach. http://www.challenger-trumpets.com/Bb.php#JBX . They are made in Eurpoe.

Pete

5. Nathaniel

Nathaniel New Friend

Mar 2, 2009
    Thanks a lot for answers. I will contact Music house in Freiburg for info about trumpet.

Also, I'll tell a friend for B&S JBX trumpet.

Where I can find in Europe music store with lots of trumpets to choose? in Freiburg? or Gewa Milano maybe?

6. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
  7. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    You're basing your recommendation on the fact that the horn "looks" quite expensive, therefore it's not worth the investment...even though you have no idea what the price is?

8. Nathaniel

Nathaniel New Friend

Mar 2, 2009
    Thank you for Thomann store.

But I have one question?

Does this model, V.Bach LR180S-43H, does it exist? because I didn't find it in catalogue.

thank you

9. Pete

Pete Piano User

Nov 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    The Bach H (heavy) bells are special orders. I'm not sure they offer them anymore. I may be wrong. The B&S JBX will be close, and you can get it in silver. I'm sure that you can also find Stomvi trumpets (Stomvi) around Europe, since the are located in Spain. The are also very good trumpets.

Pete

10. Nathaniel

Nathaniel New Friend

Mar 2, 2009
    I founded that Vincent Bach Stradivarius are now made in Korea, not in USA. Is that true?

And does anybody knows, how can I find contact information Thomas Hoyt, trumpeter?