Buying a Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by suewatters1, Jan 3, 2016.

1. suewatters1

suewatters1 Pianissimo User

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Yes my browser went to Amazon.CA instead of .com. I found it and it can't be shipped to Canada

2. suewatters1

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    One thing I hate our Canadian $ is only worth 71 cents. :(

3. suewatters1

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Tobylou8 your mailbox is full. Wanted to send you a private message.
    I sent Chapman a private message.

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Sorry, baddddd habit!

5. suewatters1

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
  6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  7. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I've never played a plastic trumpet (though did have a go on a pBone) but some TMers have, and have written about their experiences. A quick search threw up these threads:
    http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/f139/tromba-trumpet-81435.html
    http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/f134/tromba-plastic-trumpets-82133.html (has youtube link)

The Tromba seems to be the headlining one so far as I can see, but the pTrumpet being newer may not have had so much time to be noticed in (at least I couldn't find a TM review).

--bumblebee

8. chapmand

chapmand Piano User

Jul 26, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Hi all.
    Yes I do have a selection of Tromba trumpets and cornets. I can sell them for $225 plus shipping. Gold and silver trumpets and blue, red, gold, silver and metallic black (kind of nickel or platinum look) in the cornets.

I'm willing to ship anywhere.

9. chapmand

chapmand Piano User

Jul 26, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta
    UPDATE

For TM members: I will sell my remaining stock for $200 per instrument plus shipping.

Great chance to have a colorful alternative - or a nice shepherd's crook cornet for a sweet price.
    The Gold and Silver really look like regular trumpets. Easy on the arms and back - travels well too.

Ok - I'll stop the smarmy sales rap!

I've gone over all these instruments to make sure the valves are smooth and that everything is tip top.

Cheers.

10. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Sue,

In reality cornets and trumpets are both the same length -they just twist the tubing (52 inches if I remember correctly) on a cornet to make it look smaller. Hence, think they are both the same weight wise. Of course, one may be easier to hold. I would think the trumpet would provide more hand room.

The plastic trumpet is a possibility. I know one guy who plays such on trombone and it sounds "fair to okay." However, at this point, they seem to be more of a novelty - just wonder if you would then always wish you had a metal horn.