Buying a Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by suewatters1, Jan 3, 2016.

1. suewatters1

suewatters1 Pianissimo User

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I love the video Gendreauj. He might not be a good trumpet player like Alison but it made me realize how bad the Ptrumpet sounds like.

2. suewatters1

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Will be sending you an email Glennx

3. suewatters1

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I would love to be able to play this song https://youtu.be/xU4Rde0Fq7w

This song makes me cry every time I listen to it and makes me want to play the trumpet so bad. Every bone in my body wants to play a trumpet that good especially that piece. I am crying right now. (Feel Stupid right now)

Sue

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  4. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    A bit of practice and you too can do it. I played it through correctly once (but there was no-one there to notice...)

5. suewatters1

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Churchman if this songs pops into my head while I am driving I just start crying and can't stop and I think how much I want to play a trumpet and that song. Like every part of my body just aches to play one. That music piece just touches me a way I just can't describe it.

Thanks

6. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Sue, if that is how you feel, go for it and try. Practice, practice and practice. If you want help, I'm always available to give you a few skype lessons to get you started.

7. Gendreauj

Gendreauj Piano User

Aug 26, 2013
    Metro-Detroit
    Yes a professional trumpet player like Alison can make any trumpet sound good.

8. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Yeah, when I started trumpet I wanted to play the Star Wars theme so badly... Well, yeah I can play it now.
    Its about passion to play and practice to take! {Wow, nice one there, BBM.}
    (Well thank you there!) {A funny guy with a mustache with a smuzzy tone to his voice}
    Wait, what am I doing?

9. suewatters1

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Thank You Barliman. When it comes to reading music I know when it's a flat or a sharp or when you take a 4 beat rest. In High School I was in the Junior band Senior band and 4 years in music class but I can't read the notes fast enough. I usually play by ear and I notice when to take the pause and if the note is like an F sharp and stuff like that. I even have a metronome from my High School days. Long time ago I am 52 now. I have a synthesizer I used to play but all by ear. It is sitting in my basement right now.
    Thank You so much for your offer

Sue
    PS: I might have found a trumpet going to look at it soon was talking to Glennx. Wish me luck everyone.

Sue

10. breakup

breakup Mezzo Piano User

Jun 19, 2015
    Central Pa.
    When you get your horn and start playing, don't be discouraged if it doesn't come right away. It takes time and practice to build your chops up to the strength to really play well. I played cornet through college and am now, after 40 years, coming back to the trumpet, and it is taking longer than I would like. Just keep at it, but if you can read music you have that as a head start.