Buying show parts that are usually just rented.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by F.E.Olds, Dec 6, 2011.

1. F.E.Olds

F.E.Olds Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2010
    Hello-
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a place out there that sells scores to musicals. I am looking for the trumpet book to Anything Goes and I didn't know if I could get it myself. Maybe I'll just give Tams Witmark a call but I understand that scores are rented. I had seen some places in NYC that were selling the piano scores...

Thanks

2. MSfortissimo

MSfortissimo Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Wondering also. (sweet charity).

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Usually a show songbook is soon marketed for piano, voice and guitar chords. Doesn't take much effort to transpose such to Bb instruments. Still, you'll have to to obtain copyright license and pay royalties to play these publically, professionally or not, or risk lawsuit that may have consequence of fines and penalties, the latter as may include seizure and forfeiture of all your music instruments, accessories, and paraphanalia. There, I've told you, so don't cry to me if you ignore what I've told you and get caught.

4. F.E.Olds

F.E.Olds Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2010
    My only interest is to acquire the books for personal practice purposes.

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    That's fine, and you may perform the same in your home with an audience of family and friends or when assigned as class curricula and within the halls of such accredited school. What you are prohibited from, without a copyright license, is publicly publishing your performance on internet. This also may put your electronics at risk, and even ban you from ever using them again. Believe me when I say, law enforcement forensics can track electronic transmission sources right to their location.