Bye Bye MySpace ... What do you use?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetMD, Jun 21, 2013.

1. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Just closed my MySpace accounts. I haven't used them for a while.

I primarily use ReverbNation, Facebook, and Twitter to promote my jazz trio. I also use YouTube and GigSalad.

What social medial sites do you use to promote yourself as trumpet player or to promote your band?

Mike

2. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    Though not for my music, to promote my business I created a google place. You may be able to link to more than one website, I only have one, in your google place page. It's made a huge difference in my search rankings. Notably, although it is specific to local results (those searching from the same or nearby areas as your place's physical address), some believe that it affects your other URL rankings (e.g., reverbnation, facebook, twitter, private URL, etc.).

3. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I haven't looked at Google Place. I wonder if they have any extensions for musicians, like MySpace has?

4. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sound Cloud seems pretty good. At the moment I'm just using to share rehearsal tracks with other group members, but it's easy to use for me and listeners and has a good set of options to control downloading vs listening. My son uses it with a paid-for account for electronic dance music and with a subscription you get some useful stats on who's listening, geo data etc.

tj

5. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    I don't believe they do, but you can define at least one URL. So you should be able to link to your website or any of the aforementioned sites for sound bites, etc. It's a great way to bolster search ranking for sure.