Caasual Double High C

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bob Odneal, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Bob Odneal

Bob Odneal Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Hi T.M. People,

I have been away for a while, but I am going to try to be back more to answer some CDHC questions, etc.

Good to be back!

Later,

2. maine trumpeter

maine trumpeter Pianissimo User

Aug 17, 2006
    So what is your CDHC about? There is very little on your web sight about it.

3. note360

note360 Piano User

Oct 16, 2006
    In a room in a house
    Are their any sample exercises so I know what I am getting in to? What is the basis of your method? Who is this book aimed at?

4. Bob Odneal

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas

My book on CD is about a simple approach to playing the higher notes on brass instruments using minimum effort and getting maximum results and output. You can see and hear some examples of soft warmup and playing on the example page.

5. Bob Odneal

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Re: Casual Double High C

Most of the exercises are based on a simple "F" scale so you may concentrate on producing the sound and pitch without have to think about too many things. Diminished arpeggios are another important aspect as is the pppp practice and playing.

I hope this helps.

6. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    Re: Casual Double High C

I have a copy. Bob has put together a clearly illustrated method for expanding your range. It is a no-nonsense video that show his method. Bob sounds great.
    Wilmer

7. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    What does it entail? Do you recommend curling lips to play higher notes?

8. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Isn't this just an ad? Not all help must be "free", but commercial ventures are just that!
    Range is something that concerns every trumpet player, but looking at the history, CDHD has been posted 5 times at irregular intervals, twice getting comments, but no real info in the posts.
    I am sure that TM could use another sponsor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would help ALL of us!

9. Bob Odneal

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    A slight, slight rolling in of the lips like saying "M", "MMMMMMMMMMMM"...and don't over do it!!! I don't use the term curling lips or lip curl. I got the idea on rolling in from Bill Chase. He often played in Houston.

10. Jerry Freedman

Jerry Freedman Piano User

Mar 4, 2005
    Alas, I have a copy I bought when I had a PC. I liked the method and the multimedia approach. I moved to a MAC and now I can't play the DVD. Woe is me