Calculate the results of a cosmic impact

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by FlugelFlyer, Apr 12, 2004.

1. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    Note, if you're easily depressed, read no further and hit the back browser or go to another page :eek: !

Anyways, here it is: http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/impacteffects/ . If you can figure it out, it queries you on a bunch of scenarios and take forever to figure out, but it does figure it out. The good news, I picked this up off yahoo, and it mentioned that though no objects are calculated to have a significant chance of impact, if they were we would have decades or centuries of warning, so we could potentially gather our resources and find a way to prevent the object from harming us. Anyways, have fun (<-- :?: )

2. Dr G

Dr G Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    The following appears when I try to access the referenced site ---

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /~rmarcus/crater3.html on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) Server at ece3.ece.arizona.edu Port 80

I suspect that since the universe has been up and running for an extended period, there is a chance [however slim it might be], that the earth will collide with something.

I expect the odds are not greater than the possibility that it would happen in the past or about 1 in 1x10 18th.

Perhaps you might be willing to find something to do about it?