Calicchio wesbite is updated!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by CalicchioMan, May 26, 2004.

1. CalicchioMan

CalicchioMan Pianissimo User

Dec 23, 2003
    Lombard, IL
  2. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Looks good, very informative but are all the plates the same?. I've always had a soft spot for Calicchio trumpets.

Just a suggestion but the site needs to be more entertaining for us kids. Large colour plates of the various models keeps us kids entertained. Look at Eclipse, Taylor and WT...downloadable screen savers also help with turning 'want' into 'need'.

Then again maybe the owners want to keep it low key.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Trevor

3. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    I noticed a grammatical error on the splash screen...should be "world's" instead of "worlds." Also, on the artist page, the link for Ben Altom does not work.

4. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    The front page doesn't work with Apple Safari, the most popular Apple Browser. Why, I do not know. Just FYI. Works well with Mozilla, Omniweb, and other Mac browsers.

M&C

5. trptbenge

trptbenge Pianissimo User

Jan 15, 2004
    Atlanta
    Great Website!

I think the interview with Chuck Findley, one of my favorite players, is very interesting.

He talks about learning to play, the importance of Carmen Caruso's method in his development and the inconsistencies of the Calicchio horns in the past. Also, his impressions of the great job that John Duda is doing in bringing a consistently excellent horn into the marketplace. I second that.

Mike

6. CJDJazzTpt

CJDJazzTpt Pianissimo User

May 31, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    I love the new site, but I have to agree with Trevor.... Us 'kids' need more pics!
    I am especially happy to see some different models of horns up too. Some of those Bell/Leadpipe combinations kinda puzzle me but it seems to me people are really liking them.... I wouldn't mind trying them either!

I am still holding my breath for the flugel to come out soon as well. Maybe Larry Gianni can give me some insight as to when the Flugels are REALLY coming out..... I've twisted Dave Johnson's arm enough about that issue already!