Calicchio

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hubbard Brown, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Hubbard Brown

Hubbard Brown New Friend

Jul 28, 2009
    Having seen a picture, that's right, just a picture of a Calicchio flugelhorn I've gone nuts about them - only the sky high price stops me from getting one! Their website isnt very informative. Any of you guys know where I can get more info/pics/words of advice from those who have them or have played them?
    Thanks
    Jason

2. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Galen Tromble at TaKaTa Trumpets - Home is a big Calicchio fan, having had some to demonstrate (and take orders for) at the ITG in Harrisburg. I don't know how much he knows about the flugelhorns but it would be worthwhile to contact him and find out.

3. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    We carry Calicchio line of instruments as well,and will be more than happy to answer any questions.

4. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    The price is the second thing you looked at. Like a Porsche, what was the first thing you look at, and what is forgotten when the money is spent and you have something to show for yourself.

people spend more money in one year on tobacco than any Calicchio.
    add beer to the annual purchase, and we have a collection of fine horns.

The petty daily nickel ante purchases that slip through fingers daily never seem to matter to those that will have the number two combo, biggie size; .......any time at a p.o.p., (point of purchase) how easy to blow a $1.38 on an "ICY COLD COKE", but after so many years, suddenly a new refrigerator or trumpet is too expensive.

$3.33 X 365 days = $1,215.45.

Can you stash $3.33 a day? Go for it, my friend!

Oh, Welcome to Trumpet Master!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    DanZ_FL likes this.
  5. Hubbard Brown

Hubbard Brown New Friend

Jul 28, 2009
    You speak the truth and from the heart - but two things I must bear in mind - ONE: wife, three kids, mortgage, trumpet/flugel is my passion not my living - TWO: have you seen the Hub Van Laar website? Trumpets and flugelhorns as beautiful as Calicchio! How does one get to try out either? I live in London UK, so a trip to The Netherlands is possible and in the planning - but to come to the States? A pond too far, my friend.
    Keep Clifford in your heart
    Jason

6. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    2 hours east of London = Norwich = Taylor Trumpets