California Music Supply

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mark B, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Mark B

Mark B Pianissimo User

Aug 20, 2010
    Redlands, CA
    Has anybody had any dealings with California Music Supply?

Thanks!

Mark

2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Yes. Don Rugg runs the shop and is a good guy, a knowledgeable cat, and a player himself. I have had first rate dealings with him.

3. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    Let me second that! Don is a great guy and willing to work with you to get it right the first time.
    Highly recommended!

4. Mark B

Mark B Pianissimo User

Aug 20, 2010
    Redlands, CA
    As a follow up to this; I had occasion to spend some time visiting with Don and yes, he's a first-rate guy. He's had some health-related issues recently and is now well into the mend. Really nice guy.

Mark

5. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Roger that! I hope to meet him if I ever get out to sunny CA.

6. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    He is one of the most honest guys in the business. Gives very good descriptions of his trumpets and will even tell you when not to buy.

7. Mark B

Mark B Pianissimo User

Aug 20, 2010
    Redlands, CA
    As a follow up to the follow up, I ended up buying a horn from Don. It was an all around good experience. I have no reservations in recommending Don or the Carol line of trumpets.

Mark

8. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    Just completed an order for a new horn with Don - California Music Supply. This is my second purchase from him.
    The best thing about Don Rugg (besides being a super nice guy), is that he KNOWS trumpets and will work with you to make sure you are a satisfied customer.

9. golf4funjn

golf4funjn New Friend

Jan 19, 2015
    I had a very positive experience with Don and California Music Supply with the purchase and return of a trumpet that had some issues. Very good communication and helpfulness. I can highly recommend their service!