call your Mom and Dad

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Spitty, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Spitty

Spitty Pianissimo User

Oct 3, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hi Fellow posters,

I just wanted to send a quick note to you all to remind you to call your mom, call your dad, call any family and friends that you have -- spend time with them, tell them you love them, make them happy!!!

I just lost my dear, beautiful mom. We spent a lot of time together and were great friends, we had a wonderful relationship, she even liked my playing, and I still wish that I could have done more, said more.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanskgiving,
    Spitty
    Jason Byrne - Brooklyn, NY

2. Bourbon City

Bourbon City Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Jason, very fine advise.

Tell your parents that you love them before you end your phone call or leave to go where ever you're going.

I lost my Dad a few years ago and the last time I got to speak with him, I did tell him that I loved him. I am so happy that I had that chance.

Now I always tell my Mom the same thing. It makes both of us feel better.

3. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    My heart goes out to you Jason. Yes, very good words by which to live. This wisdom goes beyond our family and is applicable to all of those special to us. Some people are not comfortable with expressing or receiving such sentiments, but never let that stop us from sharing them.

I am happy that you and your mother did.

4. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Very good advice Jason. I lost my beloved Aunt in 1998 so I know how you feel.

Warm Regards :cool:

5. Spitty

Spitty Pianissimo User

Oct 3, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hi Rick, Trompet and Bourbon,

Thanks to you all for writing - it makes me feel a little better. Sorry for your losses - you can still speak to them - who knows if they can hear us or not.

My whole family always said "I love you" at the end of every phone call or whenever we left each other after a visit. I spoke with my mom that day, we laughed as usual and had a nice talk - and of course we told each other "I love you." I'm happy that those are the last words she heard me say.

Anyway - god bless you all - and peace and love to you and yours,
    Spitty
    Jason Byrne - Brooklyn, NY

6. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Spitty,

I'm so sorry for you. That's really hard to go through...I lost my Mom when I was really little.

I try to make it a point to say I love you to my parents and people I care about...because, you never know what may happen.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Lara

7. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    your mom sounded amazing...my prayers are with you! im only 14 but i know it would be horrible to lose my mom.....i wish you hope and love and everything for this holiday season...

~rebecca~