Callet Jazz

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Has anyone ever played a Callet Jazz trumpet? I'm trying one out and really like it! What do you think of them?

2. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have owned my Callet Jazz for about a year now, and I love it. It slots well, has a good open sound,and just does whatever you want it to.

3. Chris4

Chris4 Pianissimo User

Jul 16, 2005
    Great horn! I have never played anything more consistently smooth and responsive. What bore size is yours? Don't they have a tapered bore up to .470?

4. abbtpt

abbtpt New Friend

Jul 19, 2005
    Norway
    Hi

I am waiting for a new horn to arive one of this days!

I will post more when I have played it....soon I hope
    :-)

Harald
    Norway

5. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

I think that it is too big. Why work that hard?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    It's not hard work at all. Probably due to the conical bore design. It feels like a ML bore. Slots great! Sound is big and fat. Range is much easier for me, and I play a 1 1/4 with a deeper cup. It's a great horn!

7. ScreaminRaider

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Many people don't understand this.....It is a big bore,but feels like a ML. It is suprisigly easy to play

8. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Not the ones I have played. A tight front end and chokes don't result in a a proper ML feel. Many times a horn feels small because the resistance isn't being matched. Simply because the horn is too big. This leads to an inefficient sound. I am not trying to talk someone out of their horn, I am trying to give the original poster something to think about from the other side if they decide to try one. There are so many better choices out there than the "Jazz"

9. ScreaminRaider

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    BM,

Well,I guess it just doesn't work for you. Every person that has ever played my horn has made the comment that it feels like a ML bore. I really don't think that is a coincidence.

The Jazz is a great horn, but it may not be the horn for you. Try it out, and see for yourself.

10. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

I've seen and heard. What mouthpiece do use on it for legit?