callet question

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by musicalmason, May 29, 2004.

1. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    hey, I currently play a bach 3c and a shilke 12b4, but I thinking about trying some callet pieces since they are supposed to be the best match for callet horns, I plan on trying a wide variety, but what models would I probably adapt to quickest based on what I currently play.

2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    A Callet 3, 3C, or 7 would be a good bet. 3C on the bigger end, 7 on the smaller end.

Jim

3. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    if anybody has any of these pieces, or any callet pieces for that matter, for sale. please post what you have and the price.

4. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
  5. knf jazz cat

knf jazz cat New Friend

Dec 16, 2003
    Sean, you should definitely check Dillons, they have a lot of Callet pieces. Also, Brader has about 15 of them sitting at his house, and I can give you his email address or phone number if you want.

6. DCB

DCB Pianissimo User

Mar 10, 2004
    N. Florida
    The Callet mouthpieces are great. They tend to be larger that is stated. Jerry measures a little further down in the cup. I have a 10M if you are interested.
    Thanks

7. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi David,

How is the Holton Symphony model you just bought?

I managed a music store around '84 when the Holton rep. brought one by . . . and it ate a really nice 72* that I owned for lunch!

Warmest regards,

Tom

8. DCB

DCB Pianissimo User

Mar 10, 2004
    N. Florida
    Tom,
    I like it a lot! I like it better than the French Besson I had. I am working on a complete test.
    The Callet 10M is still for sale. :wink: