Callet Sima

Discussion in 'Bb Trumpets' started by fraserhutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    Callet Sima trumpet by Jerome Callet. Horn is gold brass lacquer and is in excellent condition. Plating is 95+%

Selling because I need to trim the herd.

$1700
    sima1.jpg
    Sima2.jpg

2. Ljazztrm

Ljazztrm Piano User

Nov 15, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Hey fraser, pics aren't working, at least on my phone, is it silver or lacquer? Best, Lex

3. fraserhutch

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    Hi Lex, it's gold lacquer.

I'm going to push these onto my dropbox account, give me a few mintutes......

4. Ljazztrm

Ljazztrm Piano User

Nov 15, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Pretty horn...how do you like the underslung third valve slide..I was looking to try silver..I need a bright as possible...does Callet put amados on all the Simas? Why do trumpet makers use amados? Have a ever used an amado I liked? No! Anyway, I guess you are using are Scodwell all the time now...I say that based on trying one a few weeks ago...although maybe you like your WT just as much...there's good threads going on on the TH about both the WT and SIMA... Best, Lex... p.s. - Got a Superchops .460 silver you wanna sell?

5. fraserhutch

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    All three of my horns have Amados, as well as my flugel :) I guess I'm used to them. I used to play a Callet Jazz, I found the 3rd valve slide easy to adapt to. It helps that I don;t need to throw it as much as on other horns.
    As for bright, with a smaller mouthpiece the Sima gets as bright as I can take. In fact as a lead player I usually stay with a Warburton m cup. I have no problem projecting. I do have to choose a single horn to go with, and they're all excellent horns, imho.