Callet Symphonique C Trumpet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Bruce Lee, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    LFRoberts5

Callet C Trumpet
    « Thread started on: 10/09/2003 at 18:28:35 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Has anyone ever changed leadpipes on a Callet C Trumpet?
    If so, what leadpipe did you use?
    THANKS!
    Lloyd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lloyd F. Roberts

1957 Olds Ambassador Bb
    Callet Symphonique C
    Bach Strad Flugelhorn
    GR 65MX GR 65MS Curry 5XS

2. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    LeeAdams

Re: Callet C Trumpet
    « Reply #1 on: 10/11/2003 at 01:20:36 »

on 10/09/2003 at 18:28:35, LFRoberts5 wrote:Has anyone ever changed leadpipes on a Callet C Trumpet?
    If so, what leadpipe did you use?
    THANKS!
    Lloyd

I know of some New York Callet C trumpets that were converted to the Callet Symphonique leadpipe and all were happy and considered it an improvement.

Years ago Gene Pilckzuk and I tried to match his accusonic leadpipe to a Callet Symphonique C trumpet and a Callet Jazz Bb.
    He was amazed as much as I that neither horn showed any significant improvement with the 3 versions of the accusonic pipes he made for the Callets clamped onto the Bb or the C trumpet.

My speculation is that the revolutionary expandabore design to a great degree simulates the same concept of the accusonic leadpipes being that the accusonics have graduated and expanding chambers thru most of the length of the pipe.

As always [email protected]

Lee Adams