Callichio Trumpet Stolen

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by D.Joy, Dec 14, 2007.

1. D.Joy

D.Joy New Friend

Jul 13, 2006
    hello folks, my trumpet was stolen #2035, 1s-2 made by Dominick and if anyone knows or hears anything about this horn PLEASE email me, please.

thanks

2. confuoco

confuoco Pianissimo User

Nov 11, 2007
    Sorry to hear about that. Someone got their Monette back on here after it was stolen so there is always hope.

3. westhorn

westhorn New Friend

Oct 25, 2007
    Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
    David,

very sorry to hear about the loss of your trumpet. Do check out the thread about another case of a stolen trumpet, I think that is what the previous posting referred to. I followed that thread and there was a lot of very practical advice given and the guy got his horn back.

Basically your Callichio was probably/hopefully stolen by bozos who do not know what they have got and it will turn up, so keep your chin up. If they try and sell it as a quality instrument, then they will be dealing wih a fairly limited circle of people who have integrity and the chances are it will be reported.

Most likely, they do not know what they have, and will try and dispose of it in the obvious places so that they get come cash that is not traceable. Not living in the states I cannot help advise.

I cannot say it better than it has already been said on the previous thread which you should check out, but you will need to do some legwork to cover the ground as this willl not be a high priority for the police.

I expect that a lot of useful advice will be forthcoming here but in the meantime know that we feel for you.

Chris

4. mattdalton

mattdalton Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2005
    Newcastle, WA USA
    That was me who got their Monette back. It took nearly 6 months and I was fortunate, but yes, there is always hope. While the thief was certainly dishonest, I can tell you that there are good, honest people in this world that will help you get the trumpet back if presented the opportunity to do so.

Still, I know it's a maddening, frightening experience and sincerely you don't have to wait that long.

I will keep a look out on auction sites and such. I'll assume you've already contacted the police, and would also recommend that you call the Callichio company and report your trumpet as stolen. Someone might inquire with them as to what a used instrument is worth, providing you with a potential lead. Letting everyone here know from where (city, state) it was stolen could help. Beyond that, search online sites (eBay, Craig's list, etc.) regularly, check pawn shops, etc.

Best of luck!

5. D.Joy

D.Joy New Friend

Jul 13, 2006
    ok, i currently live in Tulsa Oklahoma. I was a pro for many years, yet due to another unfortunate issue, I had to quit playing. I know John Duda and the staff at Calicchio (they are here in Tulsa now) and have contacted them already, many months already ago. Has been reported to local Police here and they dont realy understand the value either.

The thing is, although I cant play anymore, the horn has extreme value to me for many, many reasons, many years of playing world wide and because it was made by Dominick when he was still alive in LA.

The serial number is #2035, it was a little worn and was in my gig bag along with a specially designed Shilke mp & stand......this is gut wrinching.

6. administrator

administrator Administrator Staff Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Was it stolen out of your car?

7. D.Joy

D.Joy New Friend

Jul 13, 2006
    Nope, right out of my home. Doors locked, secured, no one had the key (?)and no damage to 'any' entry areas. I live alone.

8. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    did they take anything else?

9. brassmojo

brassmojo Pianissimo User

Nov 22, 2007
    Sorry to read about the low-life who stole your horn. From experience I know the crook will hit Craiglist, EBAY and the local Pawnshops. Give a call to the pawnshops in about a 100 mile radius, give them a heads up. I know a reed player who had his Bari sax stolen in SF Bayarea. He found it by accident scrolling through Ebay. It was being sold by a reputable dealer in Vegas.
    Good Luck---
    3C

10. D.Joy

D.Joy New Friend

Jul 13, 2006
    Just Bumping this another time....D.Joy