Callichio Trumpet Stolen

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by D.Joy, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Hey man sorry to hear about this. I'll keep an eye out for it too.

Kujo

2. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Still not recovered after 3 years!! That's horrible.

Do you have any suspects?

3. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Shhhh!!! We have the #. Best way to catch a thief is to wait and not publicise it more than necessary. We all scan the web for old horns, mostly ebay but other sites as well. Which reminds me, how'bout a sticky for stolen horns????

4. Daltrum83

Daltrum83 New Friend

Jul 16, 2010
    Just replied to your email. The Callichio that I had, has a serial in the #7xxx's. My horns were also stolen back in August. Smashed my passenger window while I was eating lunch and grabbed my quad case. There was also another trumpet players Bb stolen from the college he taught at, while he was teaching. Left his studio door open, walked down the hall to dismiss a class, came back and horn was gone. A week later at the same community college, a cello teacher had her instrument taken. I've heard more horror stories over the past year than I care to think about. I would be interested to hear if any of these are recovered. I scowered ebay, craigslist and the newspaper for a couple of months and didnt see anything :(

5. vern

vern Piano User

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    David

Sorry to hear about your experience. I had a trumpet stolen from an apartment many years ago. Other things were taken so the trumpet obviously wasn't targeted. I never got it back (probably sold it cheap somewhere). Good luck.

Vern