Calling all Cheeseheads.

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Jarrett, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    I am going to see my future inlaws here in about 25 days, and by the time I meet them I will already be married. So, my question to you Lambeau Lunatics, how good are these seats? I figured a good christmas present to my fiance's parents would be Packers tickets seeing as they're bigtime fans. I just picked up these tickets on E-bay and they look fairly good. Any other advice on planning the trip for them?ie... how packed is it for game day usually, good places to eat, bla bla bla .....
    Row 14 , Behind the Packer bench, Broncos V Packers at Lambeau.
    Oh, and referring to the ring shopping, I bought a .5 carat top quality diamond and had it set in a nice white gold setting from Blue Nile. It looks absolutely beautiful. I really appreciate all the help as it came in REAL handy.
    -J
    PS... hope this sets things off on the right foot, I've always been cursed when it comes to meeting the parents.
    Any good stories about your own in-law meetings?

2. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Oh btw, I don't know much about seeing football games as I've never been to one. That's why I'm askin....
    They're on the 40 yd line , row 14, packers side (behind the bench).
    -J

3. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    The In-Laws are not looking for what seats they will be given but rather how you are treating their baby daughter every where that you go and in everything that you do ... yes, even at the game they will be looking for these signs. Signs of respect, love, selflessness, attentiveness, wanting to hear rather than wanting to be heard, you first and me last in your actions and demeanor, I made the mistake and you're right, etc, etc.

FYI, my wife is out of three other sisters all married, and I am the only one that my In-Laws respect. If you treat the In-Law's children better than the way they treat them, you'll have a lot more peace with them and with your wife as well.

Buying expensive seats at a game is good for your wife's father but what are you going to do for her mother? Best be getting something for her that she will like and something that will not wilt in a day, something that she will have and can use to remind her of you well after the game.

Now you're at the game. Ask her parents what they would like to eat, drink, are the seats comfortable, is there anything that I can do for you, here take my bench pillow Mrs In-Law, etc. Get the picture?

The best present that you can give them is to show them that you are their son who will give them a lot of respect no matter what and no matter when.

BTW, congratulations.

Liad Bar-EL

4. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Of course I know that Liad, but I figured this would be a cool way to say "Howdy" .
    -J
    Oh, and her mom is the one that this is geared toward, supposedly she's a major fan and hasn't really been to a real game because the tickets are so hard to get.

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Danger* Danger* Crash Dive*

Oh man...her mother is a sports freak and you've managed to dig some tickets up?

I have one question for you:

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR AN ENCORE (besides make her a grandmother?). I mean...when she starts wondering out loud if you might be able to score some ducats for the playoff game...the stupor bowl...

WHAT ARE YA GONNA DO!!?????

(I see trouble on the horizon). :)

Seriously....just be natural, be yourself, and have a good time. A light heart is infectious.

6. trumplyr

trumplyr Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Rochester Hills, Mi.
    "Of course I know that Liad, but..."

Don't pass of Liad's advise quite so lightly. There is a ton of wisdom there. I've been married since 1968 (same woman), so I know.

You have a great chance to show you are "The man" or "the Man". Get my drift? Be the latter.

ps: GB should be so upset at losing to my beloved lowly Lions on turkey day that you should see a great game out of them. When I talk about my Lions, all I can say is........GO WINGS !!!

7. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    What I'm saying is, that comes with being a good person. I was raised to treat women great, and I don't feel I have to concentrate on treating her good or being a good guy because that's the way I always am. I'm not gonna go in there and "act" like a good guy because I really don't need to. Anyway, I still don't know if these are good tickets, like I said I've never been to a game. Is it preferable to have lower level seats or mid level and where in the field? I know I've already got the tickets but, it would give me piece of mind to know they're good ones. Anyway, wheres HOP, I know he's gonna have input on this one.
    Oh, I'm also getting my Mom some tickets to a rams game so that's why I'm askin.

-J

8. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Just reread my original post and I may have given you guys the wrong message. I haven't been "cursed" with parents because of my actions, but rather because they were dead set against theyre daughters dating a military guy. Fortunately, she was in the military and her dad's a police officer and has no problem with it. Her dad's also a beer brewer, and asked that I bring over a buncha different kinds of german/belgium brews for him to copy. That's gonna be awesome. ANYWAY, I'm gonna be on my best behavior, maybe a little nervous but I guess that comes with the territory. Oh, her dads a trumpet player as well... imagine that.
    Wait... none of you guys is meeting your son-in-law at Xmas are you?
    :shock:

Oh yeah, what to do for an encore... you've got a point there, I didn't even think about that one. I sure can't afford a SuperBowl ticket... jeeez... and the grandmother thing is a little off of the horizon.... well, there's always playoff games :)

-J

9. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hiya Jarrett!

It is very important to make a good impression!

I'd forget the football tickets and simply buy each of them something from the Eclipse line...

To me it says: I'm not cheap! & I want you to have the very best!

The new flugel for the mum when it comes out, ( we do gift vouchers)

Maybe the copper Bb Eclipse for the dad.

I think this will ensure you are the favourite son in law ever!

Its just an idea Jarrett (a great idea)

Regards

Leigh

10. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Haha yeah, like I'd be able to buy an Eclipse AND give it away. Besides, I can't afford 6400 dollars worth of gifts. I just paid for my plane tickets, christmas presents for BOTH families, a ring, and my new computer.... I'm lookin to save for a while after christmas... I always spend too much on christmas presents... ALWAYS!
    Anyway, that's fine, it's gonna be great to see everybodies faces when they open they're presents! It's not like I can spend that much in Iraq anyways, and I won't be around next X-mas so I guess I'm making sure to "go all out" this year.
    However, Leigh, you could give ME a present.
    Oh, I got you a new hand for Xmas Leigh.

-J