Calling All NYC Trumpeteers! Mott Haven Academy Brass Band needs you.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Darten, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    If anyone is interested, please pm me for more info about a charity concert for children in the Bronx, coming up in May. There is compensation in the form of a tax writeoff. 6 or 7 songs maybe 3 hours work in all. It should not have to be said, but this offer is not for beginners, rather those individuals in college or who are professional. Comebackers, feel free to pm me, as I am one too.

There are already some professionals who visit this website, who have signed on, but it is not my place to start naming people, rather they can do it on their own posts, should they desire.

Oh, I almost forgot, I am looking for only two or three more trumpeteers, and maybe two trombonists.

Thank you all for the support I have received.

Cheers,

Darten

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    Hello everyone.

Quick update.... I have had a nice response from everyone on TM. But, I still have 2 trumpet slots open, and 2 trombone and 1 Bass trombone.

Anyone who may be interested or knows someone who might like this project, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Darten

3. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    Bump.... Still looking guys for the 2 trumpets and 3 trombones.

4. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    I just wanted to start by saying Thank You to all of those musicians that helped out last Thursday with our concert. The horn players who came into the school were amazing. The trumpets and flugel were absolutely Awesome: Tony Kadleck, Ivan Hunter, Sandy Coffin, Dave Spier, James De La Garza, Jordan Hirsch, Anna Garcia, and Josh Newman. Thank you all, I have already received many requests from kids in the school: apparently, the cool thing to do now is join band....... Mission Accomplished. I'll post some pics when I get home tonight.

Thank you.

5. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    I must say that I totally enjoyed this experience. And am looking forward to repeating it next year.

Congratulation, Darten, for organizing this, and for all your work with the kids.

6. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    Ivan,

Thank you. I am not sure what to do for next year, but at least I have a year to plan. Maybe next year I'll get the school to start on time.

Darten

7. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  8. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    Last edited: May 22, 2012