Calling out CompleteRookie

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Clarkvinmazz, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    About two months ago, the user completerookie showed interest in a conn 22b that I had for sale. We worked out a deal, he sent me the money via paypal, and I sent him the horn. Unfortunately, I did not know that you are not allowed to have a paypal account if you are under 18, and so when they found out, they shut it down and I was fired to refund his money. We then made a deal on a getzen copra temp which he had just recieved. Unfortunately, he then put it on ebay even though we had made a deal. I confronted him, and he then assured me the deal was back on. This was a week ago. Since then, he has not responded to my emails, texts, or calls, and I have found both of these trumpets for sale on ebay. I have not received payment for the 22b, and he has no right to sell it. I'm calling him out publically so he has a chance to pay me what he owes before I take more serious action against him.

2. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Good luck. It seems that you might be behind the curve on this one. You might want to speed things up a bit if you can. I had a similar experience a while ago, and even after I got Law Enforcement involved, it still took quit a while for things to get resolved. Having the police knocking on this guy's door did give him a bit of incentive to remedy his previous actions.

3. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Did you report the eBay listings?

Kujo

4. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    i was watching that copratemp!

5. CompleteRookie

CompleteRookie Pianissimo User

Jan 10, 2016
    Brooklyn,NY
    So this person, decides to "refund" me firsthand without a return delivery confirmation and expects Paypal to actually help him? Yeah right. Don't forget you are the seller not the buyer too.

Don't bother replying, I won't be able to see this.

Edited by Solar Bell

6. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Wait...... I don't get the story it seems it was written in a haste and with anxiety in your heart.
    Just would you mind simplifying the story for me? BTW I won't buy it I am interested in a 4 digit NY strad at the moment and HAM Morse code outfits on ebay.

7. BrassBandMajor

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    That's mean thou, if you received the damn money why not use common sense and return the dang horn to him?
    AHHH So I get it, Clark trusted you and first he sent the money expecting a return delivery (which would a 'nice' guy would do) BUT you DID'NT send the horn and you kept the money and the horn. How pathetic. This is sad man. Just be a man. I know there is a little spark of honesty in there just think about yourself in Clark's situation.

Ah btw on the 2nd rhetorical question on Clark expecting help from Paypal. Of course he would, his money has been taken and the horn still in hands of a stranger and EVEN ON SALE ON EBAY WITHOUT AUTHORITY would of course look for help.

BTW Clark I hope this person finds his honesty and gives it back. Just report on Ebay and paypal about your matter they listen and clear this mess up. Remember how I handled the Fake weltklang 'Bach Minerva' scammer? Good luck Clark!

To CompleteRookie: I know you're a nice guy I know that and just open your heart up man. Be the right role model in the community and fellow Holton enthusiast! I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Edited by Solar Bell

barliman2001 likes this.
  8. BrassBandMajor

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    I have messaged myself to CompleteRookie. If he doesn't cancel his listings I shall report him. Fair & Square.

9. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    BBM - there are always 2 sides to a story, and best to let the guys sort it out themselves. Clark can make the call to Ebay if he feels it necessary, good intentions can back-fire if you find out details later that refute any present issues. Leave it for these 2 guys to sort for the moment, but a good call by Clark to let the community know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.