Can anything on Trumpet be more fun?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MGTrumpet, Jul 26, 2006.

1. MGTrumpet

MGTrumpet New Friend

Nov 18, 2004
    Maple Grove, MN
    Can anything involved with the trumpet be more fun than doing an ensemble with your kids?

I am thrilled to be doing a trumpet trio (Carnival Variations) with my two sons tonight at the Lake Harriet Bandshell.

The last time we did a trio like this was probably ten years ago.

I don't know who is more excited - me or my step-father. He's been talking about it ever since the last time we did it. Unfortunately, my mother passed away a year ago. I know she would have really enjoyed it too.

I think this must be about as good as it gets!! :D

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    :-)

That sounds wonderful!

ML

3. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I have played with my son and daughter. It's the best!!!!!

4. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    Ah, the Lake Harriet bandshell! A fixture of my youth. It's been rebuilt since, and now they even charge for parking (the indignity) but I remember it well. My first trumpet teacher played in the band there in the summertime. I got married in the Rose Garden down the parkway a little to the east. Even at my age many of my dreams revolve around locales like that in Minneapolis.
    Not having kids I haven't had the same pleasure, but I have had the pleasure of performing with former students who are now professionals. I just did a gig last Sunday with a drummer who was a student of mine for five or six years, he is now a stellar top-notch pro. Good times.

Michael McLaughlin

In dreams begins responsibility.
    William Butler Yeats