Can I Carry On With This Sound?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lakerjazz, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    I know you played it in a different key, but the note is still incorrect. The note is the leading tone into a C minor chord. Playing the Bb makes it sound funny.

2. lakerjazz

lakerjazz Mezzo Piano User

Oct 10, 2006
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what part you're talking about, but here's the music.

3. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Rich Little became quite wealthy doing just that. Admittedly he is the exception, but it's not impossible to make a living sounding like others.

I forget the name, but a youngster has a CD out right now called "Baker's Dozen" where he sounds exactly like Chet Baker and is on a national/international tour and his CD is getting air play on KKJZ (KJAZZ 88.1 FM | America's Jazz and Blues Station).

My brother-in-law sings like and sounds like Sinatra and for the past 7 years he's had a regular Monday night gig at a restaurant on Long Island singing Sinatra's repetoire and when the restaurant needed to save money and cut his Monday gigs out, the patronage at the restaurant dropped so much they hired him back within a couple of months of dropping him. He also has numerous other gigs around Long Island.

so sounding like someone else isn't such a bad thing for some people.

4. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    If you're talking about measure 9 leading into measure 10, that last note is supposed to be Bnat, not Bb, following the normal rules of music reading. And the Bnat sounds better anyway.

5. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    That's the one I was talking about.

6. lakerjazz

lakerjazz Mezzo Piano User

Oct 10, 2006
    Oh okay. I didn't carry out the accidental.