Can someone help me make a decision on which of these trumpets to get?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 1stTrumpet, May 23, 2010.

1. Jackson Arch

Jackson Arch Piano User

Mar 6, 2010
    Oklahoma

Spoken by a true Polygahornist...that's right, Steve, we have seen the list of wives in your trumpet harem. :thumbsup:

2. keehun

keehun Piano User

Feb 4, 2010
    Minnesota
    As a current junior in high school and having finished freshmen trumpet major coursework, I'd recommend a Bach Strad, though the other 2 are perfectly good choices.

3. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    Me I'd go with the Yamaha, I've had a few and they're nice. I've had an SR500, an SRX-6, and the fearsome in its day RD400 "Daytona Special". All good solid machines, fun, and reliable.

4. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    SteveRicks and Jackson Arch have it down right the way it simply should be. Pick one you like and it will be like your wife indeed. You can go new, or you can choose vintage. The taste is all in within the players heart n soul. I've seen some pros jamming on intermediate horns of the 60's in Jazz sessions. When I approached them to ask what horn they preffered. They said it all depends on what genre music they were going to play. I myself have a Bach Strad 37, Kanstul 1600, and a vintage Conn 6B (1956). They are all great and I switch them around like my three wives that has that unique and special touch. There are some horns that are decent all around, and can be changed from dark to bright by changing mouthpiece. So many choices and I'm sure you're anxcious to jump on your next baby. Good luck and let us all know what you decide on.

Art C