Can someone recommend something new for me to play?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpetplayer24, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Trumpetplayer24

Trumpetplayer24 Pianissimo User

Apr 3, 2013
    UK
    I've currently been working on, Brandt's concert piece No. 1, La Napolitaine Tarantelle by Bohme, Capriccio Espangnol by Rimsky-Korsakov.

Previously I have played Bohme's Concerto in F Minor, Russian Dance, Haydn, Hummel, Neruda, Peeter's Sonata, Concorde by Newsome, Konzert etude by Goedicke, Wiedekhr by John Hartmann among other items.

I a classical player and am not a huge fan of modern sounding pieces although have played them in the past.

Could anyone recommend something around the same difficulty and similar in style to some of the pieces above for me to play? :play:

Also, does anyone have a good/can suggest a good solo arrangement of Libertango?

Thanks!

2. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Have a browse through this collection. You're probably looking for difficulty 4+ and up.

Editions Marc Reift : Collection+Timofei+Dokshitser

btw: although Editions Marc Reift are not cheap, much of the music is rare, and their service is super fast and efficient.

Trumpetplayer24 likes this.
  3. Trumpetplayer24

Trumpetplayer24 Pianissimo User

Apr 3, 2013
    UK
    This looks great, thank you! :)

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Midnight in Tuscany

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    It looks like you've tackled a goodly chunk of the Classical and Romantic pieces. Congratulations! You might want to check into the French literature with pieces written for the Concours de Prix at the Paris Conservatory.

6. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    Karl Pilss Sonata

7. Ed Kennedy

Ed Kennedy Forte User

Nov 18, 2006
    Alison Balsom has one. There's a utube of her playing it at the Proms. Also Tine Thing Helseth. They have websites and contact info.

8. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK