Cannot find recording of Prelude and Scherzo by Ernest Williams

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Edvard22, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Edvard22

Edvard22 New Friend

Jun 28, 2010
    As the title of the thread states, I cannot find a recording anywhere of Prelude and Scherzo by Ernest Williams. I have to audition the piece in November and I could really use a listen, but I cannot find it anywhere.

2. jazzmetalrocknroll

jazzmetalrocknroll Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Ive got the same problem, Its my audition music for all- state, and I'm not the best at sight reading, especially in 6/8.:shhh:

3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    self-deleted

4. Edvard22

Edvard22 New Friend

Jun 28, 2010
    You wouldn't happen to be in Rhode island would you? And the issue is in how the six eight is divided. It just makes no sense

5. jazzmetalrocknroll

Jan 24, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Yep, I'm from Portsmouth. And yeah, I'm still terrible at reading 6/8. And the most annoying thing is the auditions are the same day as Umass Band day, so were going straight to umass from the audition.

6. Edvard22

Edvard22 New Friend

Jun 28, 2010
    Hey I'm up in Burrillville! But I haven't heard anything about umass this year.. oh well. I got into all new England at Plymouth state but I already have tickets to see of monsters and men that day

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    The cornet and piano score is located in the Ernest S. Williams collection at the University of Maryland Library, College Park. Maryland vis: "Williams, Ernest S. Prelude and Scherzo. N.d. New York: Ernest Williams School of Music, 1941. Print. (Cornet and Piano) series 5 box 3 folder 28" To locate this just minutes ago, all I had to do was Google his name via internet. Quite a curricula vitae for him.

Sadly much of his data was lost in a fire at his summer camp.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  8. jazzmetalrocknroll

Jan 24, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm not getting in, I'm still shaky on my scales and I have no idea about my friggin audition piece. And the audition's in 3 days. But yeah the umass music is pretty awesome XD