Can't blame him ....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  2. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Straight out of the "do as I say, not as I do" chapter from the Rowuk handbook on winning friends and influencing people...or something...

3. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    Bochawa.

I must admit I gasped when I read your post. Yes disagree and call each other out based on facts, but don't "go there". We come here to share our thoughts and learn somethings along the way. Perhaps (at least I do) get some support when things aren't going well.

Best Wishes,

BrotherBACH

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    In the time I've been on this forum, there's been a such a steady stream of what I would call "Monette thrashing" that I can't imagine why the people at the shop would want to participate in this forum. That would be a shame if that was true. I wonder who else isn't here because of a lot of negative and, frankly, punative comments??? :dontknow:

If I was a famous person (either trumpeter or trumpet builder), I wouldn't get anywhere near this forum. :-(

Turtle

5. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Turtle, this one's for you . . .

This just in from Downbeat’s Daily Fictitious News . . .

"Picking up where the C.G.CONN Corporation left off some 50 years ago, closing their world famous research lab after 32 years of developing brass instruments based on carefully executed scientific study, it was announced today that Monette is reintroducing CONN’s old Tri-C Valve. While CONN’s valve was named for "Conical Dampening, Crysteel pistons and Clean chamber," it seems the Monette owes it name to, "Catering to Conspicuous Consumption." Industry experts are hopeful this will only lead to a modest increase in price."

I am finished posting on this thread. Please accept my apologies for ruffling feathers at the Old Boys' Club. I didn’t realize I had wandered in. Dave Monette, although I will never purchase one of your horns, I wish you every success. I know that you truly believe in your work. Greg, please forgive me for running with your material. I have spent way too long on this and really need to get back to my regular daily life.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Yeah, thanks alot for that ...... it's really inspiring. :think:

Turtle

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    OK, take my stuff out of context. There has been no censorship and no suppression of speech. Not even a hint. Plenty of inaccurate assumptions about Monettes business practices though.

8. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Seems to happen a lot.....

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    WE are passionate people... trumpet players... sometime to a fault, but most of the time, not.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I think a famous person reading this forum can learn from our posts, both positive and negative, so should be wise in coming back again and again. And Turtle, you have done so much to make sure our fingers are kept on the pulse. You are one of the reasons this person keeps coming back, again and again. But then again, I am not such a famous person, but thanks anyway Turtle.:grouphug: