Can't blame him ....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Certainly NOT Kingtrumpet!

[Just a little distracting humor (humour) to break up the tension in the thread. Hope you're OK with that KT]

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I was just thinking that, if it were a parallel universe, sort of like on that Star Trek episode where Spock has the gotee and isn't so nice (or logical) ..... only in reverse, a nicer, more inviting universe .... we might get some additional interesting characters in our (I like to think of it as a) nightclub. People like Dave Monette and Arturo Sandoval--who has been repeatedly trashed in here, since I've been a member--might want to come and hang out in our club. That's all ..... I'm afraid that, with a lot of the current postings around Monette, Dave would have his hands full in here just defending his business practices and prices. :dontknow:

And Sandoval .... aiy yi yi. I can only imagine how much nicer it must have been to be a famous musician BEFORE the blogosphere started. :stars:

How do you handle it G? :lol:

Turtle

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    If you meant to state "infamous" musician from the quote above, only then would it be appropriate for me to answer your question, Turtle.

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I meant infamous. My spellchecker doesn't catch that sort of thingn, needs an adjustment.

Turtle

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    In that case:

DRUGS

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Being a landscaper, I use all types of equipment that is made to industrial/commercial specs. When someone asks me what one of my mowers cost and I tell them the little one only set me back $6800 in 1999, they pick their jaw up off the ground. MY weed-eaters cost AT LEAST $300 in standard form. I don't buy my stuff at big box stores cause they won't sell it or service it. These types of arguments happen on landscaping forums also. Some guys use $1200 mowers and buy a new one annually and chastise those of us who use the "the way too expensive" mowers. If you are a pro and a Monette is what gets it done for you, then buy it. If you don't like Monette, don't buy one but don't trash the guy who has one and the maker. If there was no market, there would be no product. The argument that they cost too much is specious. The extra time and effort that goes into a piece of lawn equipment that will run for 3000+ hrs before it needs a new engine is WELL worth (as opposed to a 300hr mower) it to the end user who's livelihood depends on it. I imagine those that own Monette feel the same.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    But what I still believe you are saying is you can get mower for less. I guess it cuts both ways!:roll:

tobylou8 likes this.
  8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Besides ..... who cares if the trumpets are too expensive to acquire? They're just colored amplifiers with buttons. The Mouthpiece, now that's where all the action is:

1. It's more important than the trumpet because it's at the center of the two most important connections during trumpeting .... the horn and the mp, and the player and the mp. According to that formula, the trumpet is only half as important. :-?

2. It's the business end of the arrangement (not the trumpet).

3. What seperates the great from, well, frankly, the rest of us, happens inside the embouchure and breathing apparatus (and brain) ...... NOT in finger dexterity.

Therefore, with this ultra modern and scientific approach, the Mouthpiece is the crucial thing. Monette mouthpieces are not too expensive, especially if one of them ends your MP safaris.

Turtle

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
    tobylou8 likes this.
  9. kuwoR

kuwoR New Friend

Jan 7, 2012
    Hinterland
    Parallel universe?

Huh, that's a rather odd concept...hmm....

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    :lol:

Just when you thought things couldn't get any weirder ...... ROFL

I guess this is either Welcome to the forum ..... or, take me back to the other universe! "Scotty! Scotty! Why isn't the transporter working?"

Turtle

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012