Can't blame him ....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    The comment about Rowuk was over the top. Comments likethat are tasteless but often made flipantly in the US, without understanding the true implications. Being he is in Germany, it would likely be taken completely differently.

Guess in my own head I was just filtering out what was being saidabout the Monette company with the idea that such is common when you start comparing extremely expensive to the high norm (i.e., a Rolls Royce to a top Toyota etc.)

The part of the thread that I was interested in was the idea that Monette horns sounded differently and might one day redefine the sound of the trumpet. I know that I have heard from some very experienced trumpet players and builders that Yamaha horns sound differently. One went so far as making the comment that "Yamaha horns are redefining what we mean by the sound of a trumpet." All this being said in the context that most horns were trying to copy or build off of the sound of a French Besson.

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    What I find the most distasteful (and I've seen it on other Monette threads, too) is the un-professional, non-trumpet building amateur poster (most likely) telling us WHAT THEY THINK DAVE IS THINKING OR TRYING TO DO. :dontknow:

How would they know, especially if they've never met the man. As for the pardody of Rowuk ... Well, that's just another form of flattery. The Rowuk nay-sayers are really a part of his fan club. :cool:

Turtle

3. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    I thought that kuwoR was Rowuk himself ! But it seems I was wrong, and all that was not humor, but irony. I am disappointed ...
    In these conditions, for sure, I leave the sandbox.
    Game over.
    Mikel

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    No! Don't go ...... You can have half of my peanut butter sandwich!

Seriously! Have some chips too.:D

Turtle

5. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Yes, and here is half of my soda.

6. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Many thanks, Turtle and Steve, but I'm on a diet. :-(

7. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Some wine?

OOOOh, I forgot .... we're too young to drink.:lol:

Turtle

Dupac likes this.
  8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Some wine that will go along with some great music, as I just received a fowarded message from Eddie Brookshire that Dupac just purchased our band's CD. And Dupec, you link me to a venue in France that will hire our band, and I will buy you ticket to the venue AND provide you with all the wine you can drink!

Thanks so much for your kindness and excellent posts AND PLEASE don't leave!

9. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    No, no, I don't want to leave TM, MY SECOND FAMILY ! I just want to leave a couple of rotten threads !
    I hope I'll meet you one day, and I will pay you some drinks !

10. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Good, we dont want you to leave.

(do you think this has gotten off track enough to get locked yet? Maybe we should start talking about political nonsense.)