Can't blame him ....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Or religious beliefs and Bigfoot!! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Sorry, my miss on the "spelled correctly but misused" term editor function. I'm falling down on the job here.

3. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Maybe Yowies, Drop Bears, Bunyips, Dirawongs and Yaramayhawhos ?

4. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    Hey, easy on Bigfoot. In a neighboring county from where I live, it is illegal to shoot them and you can be fined up to $10K for doing so

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Ozboy,
    I know of no one at TM that has any business ties to Monette, myself included. I have met the man several times and really enjoy the client status. There are those that claim that Yamaha instruments are lifeless, that Sergei Nakariakov is only a technician, that Wynton can't play jazz, that everytime someone has problems with a Bach that it is the "inconsistency" of the brand. All things offered with no proof that get the same treatment from me.

If closing a thread gone stupid is a crime, then I am guilty as charged. Closing a thread does not limit freedom of speech, is not censorship or any other limitation of personal freedom. The lack of respect shown to someone offering a different choice is what I criticize here. NONE of those who are so indignant have offered anything to back up their hollow claims. Just running the basic numbers offers enough proof that Monettes horns reflect his cost of business and decision to limit quantity of horns to that which his current staff can reasonably manage. NONE of the indignant addressed any of those issues.

I hope that the indignant will take a step back and really think about what the TM community is about. That no one benefits by prejudice against a brand of instrument. Let's just get over it. There are really ugly things in this world. Expensive trumpets do not belong to that group.

6. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    This whole thing is interesting. You can put a bunch of trombone players together in a room, or even saxophone players, and not much will happen. Put a bunch of trumpet players together and at least 5 fights will break out!

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Trombone players, maybe. Sax players, there will be "discussions".

8. St. Rugglin

St. Rugglin New Friend

Dec 9, 2011
    Low Pass Oregon
    Oh, come on why you gotta be bringing the bigfoot back into this????ROFLROFLROFL

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    You mean Bigfoot? My son has a bigfoot (size 12.5)!! :lol:

10. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    But they'll still be out of tune!!!!:D