Can't blame him ....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by turtlejimmy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    I knew a guy once who decided to be buried with his treasured 1957 Stratocaster. Thru some investigation it was thought that his death was not accidental but a homocide. The DA put in an order for another forensic autopsy. Unfortunately the guiatar stank so bad his family decided to rebury it with him, instead of selling it for a fortune on earth. I wonder if trumpets also would stink with a corpse beside them.

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Don't worry G man, my ride isn't over yet! :D

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Well if they stink after being alone in a case for years/decades, I'm sure they would smell a little more than musty.:roll:

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Damn - I always thought that the one with the most trumpets wins.

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I once bought a car in which the previous owner had died, and it stank. I removed ALL of the trim, carpets, headliner, anything that I thought would hold an odour - and then anything else that could be removed - I scrubbed the inside of the metal skin with strong antiseptic, and renewed all the bolt-ins. All finished, parked the car in the street for a couple of days ready to take it for a rego check, and then found I couldn't drive it for the smell - it all came back in the warm Aussie sun. I sold it like that. I imagine, from that experience, that a trumpet would absorb ugly body odours.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Not sure about that, but I can definately be sure that the one with the most wives looses. Interesting to see if this theory will ring true for the eye of Newt.

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    You can believe you do not want to open a coffin or any other containment in which the dead has decomposed. Vicks Vapor Rub under the nostris is NOT sufficient. Many dry cleaners charge extra to clean a suit or uniform so exposed only in the presence of such, and even then it still has some smell I could discern. Expensive vehicles and houses, the latter replete with all furnishings are burned, the vehicle then crushed for salvage. I only suppose the ashes of the house are taken to the community dump or put on a barge and taken many miles out and deep sixed. Yep, any musical instrument so exposed I hope never comes into my possession.

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Wow .... Monette to coffins in just 9 pages. :lol:

How about those 49ers? :thumbsup:

Turtle

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Obviously not!!

AND sticking to the theme of the thread... What effect would a Newt presidency have on the effect of Monette prices?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  10. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    Loosely on the subject of politicians and women, it seemed to help Clinton (as well as Kennedy)! And with nearly 50% of Americans having been divorced, the more the merrier!