Captive Audience

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Comeback, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I work diligently on building range daily, and though progress comes slowly, it is there. My E above the staff has been getting better, but I do not "own" it yet. This morning, while doing the range building stuff with a Strad 180S37/Bach 3C, the E work seemed quite good. I checked with the captive audience; my Mrs., who has had to listen to me one way or another for over forty years now. I asked "That E was quite beautiful, wasn't it?" She replied "Yes, in fact if it was any more beautiful it would make me cry!" This has to be a good thing, right?:lol:

Jim

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    A very good thing, and if TM had an honor roll for non-trumpeters, your wife would be on it!

On the other hand, she could join, keep her user name secret from you and post things like "My husband drives me crazy--always going for the high E when I'm curled up with the cat on my lap and trying to read." We'd set her straight.

All the best, Comeback, and kindest regards to your wonderful wife!

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    long tones help -- Comeback (and it helps to do them a bit lower also) ---- but I think your wife makes a good point ------ the high notes are very beautiful, and sometimes ("I think") about crying myself when I hit some high notes ---- yeah, I want to call someone up and say "hey, my high E, F,G or whatever was AWESOME today" ------ ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    A difference in wives. My wife begins to wince when I play anything above the stave, and she nearly has to stifle a scream if I play anything above the C. Don't blame her ... her hearing is truly sensitive to high notes as is why she never attends concerts or symphonys with me and detests the bluegrass genre. Succinctly, she is not in the house when I practice my picc.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    As a medical professional, I must give it to you staight son, crying can be an emotion that can either reflect a good or bad event. I have just one additional question to ask. When making this statement, did she have a pie roller or kitchen knife in her hand?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I have the same wife Ed. Mine replys, "Are you almost finished with your practicing?".

Now my dogs on the other had, cuddle into my sides, and when I go high, they sing with me in great harmony.... Boy do I LOVE my dogs!

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    When I told Bet what you wrote, her response was, "I don't even know the guy you correspond with!" No, we've different wives with a similar response. Another crux for her in my practicing before before I got my YSB, was listening to the same thing over and over. She then would come to my office and tell me she was going shopping, thus it was less expensive to get the YSB.

I suppose "Misty" is attempting something counterpuntal as it sure isn't harmony, but then she is only 9 months old. She needs a lot more practice.

8. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    "...when making this statement, did she have a pie roller or kitchen knife in her hand?"ROFL

9. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Great, Vulgano Brother, She was reading this thread over my shoulder last night!:lol:

Jim

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    and your dogs love you GM, after all a DOGS BEST FRIEND IS HIS/HER MAN!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012