Captive Audience

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Comeback, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Mine isn't too keen on me going high either. Volume's another peave for her, too. couple weeks ago I got in the dog house for covering her up on a hymn. And I was using the 17A cornet with the Wick piece!:roll::oops:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Originally Posted by Vulgano Brother
    If you didn't get a back rub out of it, buy the most obnoxious sounding lead mouthpiece you can find, strut around the house like a hoodlum and tell her a back rub would make you normal again.

Playing too loud at the first rehearsal makes the conductor happy when we only play 25% too loudly after playing 100% the first time around. If the conductor gets all self-righteous, strut around like a hoodlum. As we are at the mercy of our wives and conductors, there are some mobbing tricks we can use. :cool:

PM me if you need more mobbing tricks. I got so good at it my wife gave me an all expense paid one-way ticket back to America.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  3. arlington

arlington Pianissimo User

Aug 14, 2012
    Lancaster, OH
    I get the same response from my lady. A good excuse to buy a variety of mutes! She loves that muted sound.

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I've had similar experiences, with a dog that is, and I used to wonder if he really liked it or it pained him, but he could have gone into another room any time he wanted to get away, so I guess he somehow enjoyed it.