Cardio Vascular Doc gave OK to proceed with dental restoration

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Ed Lee, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    That's the spirit!! I'd wish you luck but looks like you don't really need it with that kind of attitude...

All the best nevertheless

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Thanks Phillipe,

I really didn't want to say I'd be moving two and one-half blocks West if I couldn't resume playing. FYI that's location of our plot in cemetery, but at age 74 and my overall health, I'm realistic as well. In July 2008 IMO I was playing quite well ... or at enjoyably so to my family, friends and myself. That's my goal by July 2011 and if I succeed I can go shopping for an upgraded instrument my wife tells me and I tell her I can make do with what I have ... er a flugel might be fun.

First dental appointment next Tuesday, 50 miles away in Rocky Mount NC ... just an exam to plan with.

Ed Lee
    Jackson NC

3. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    Ed:

You are an inspiration to all of us! :thumbsup: My prayers are with you, and please let us know how you do, OK?

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    jbkirby & all

First appt with oral surgeon set for next Tuesday in Rocky Mount, 50 miles SW of me. Just exam and x-rays to plan the "attack" on three roots as were former crowns. Not fun, but has to be. My goal is new upper denture by end of July 2010 and attainment of achieved first comeback in July 2008 by July 2011 or, as I've otherwise stated, I'll be in hell.

Prayers certainly help ... or I wouldn't still be here.

Ed Lee
    Jackson NC

P.S. Too, I've Conn Coprion Director trumpet and Director cornet (brass bell) plus Conn non compensating euphonium ALL very playable and not in bad shape overall.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010