Carnival of Venice - It is time.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DLP08, Oct 25, 2007.

1. DLP08

DLP08 New Friend

Sep 2, 2007
    Thanks TM, for all of the helpful replies. I have registered the piece, so it is expected. I cant wait to work it up! The tonguing is the main concern, though. But either way, all of you help me keep positive when I start to get down on myself.. Sometimes I think too much about it when the answer is very simple.

Trumpet players DO tend to think too much eh?

Thanks a ton. Like I said before, I will try to keep this thread alive and give updates! Other than that, any practice tips for tonguing excersices would be great!

Thanks again,

- David, the soon to be Venice OWNER. MY way.

2. ChrisTP

ChrisTP New Friend

Oct 27, 2007
    Florida
    Soon to be? i bought it for you!

3. DLP08

DLP08 New Friend

Sep 2, 2007

Lol, my brother. He's the one who literally bought the music for me :)

4. BigMo!

BigMo! New Friend

Oct 27, 2007
    I LOVE the Carnival of Venice. Can't play a single note of it, but I love it anyway.

5. tromj

tromj Piano User

Jun 4, 2005
    Teaneck, NJ
    It can be intimidating to listen to Wynton or Allenn Vizzuti or Rubin play it, but that's just employing negative energy. And you don't have to play it as fast as they do to sound good. Your performance will sound more exciting if you play it at the tempto that works for you, with a good sound throughout. It will actually sound faster if you play it really cleanly, even if the mm marking is slower than the other versions you have heard.