carrer dream

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bottoms94, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Bottoms94

Bottoms94 New Friend

Dec 14, 2009
    Chesterfield Va.
    I know my english is horrific, but thats not what i want to do in life. So it doesn't really bother me.

2. y-o-y

y-o-y Pianissimo User

Sep 25, 2009
    Long Beach, CA
    Touché

3. Bourbon City

Bourbon City Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Me too when I was your age. Times and things do change and so will your command of grammer and spelling. I still make errors when I type too fast and don't review my work. Your Dream is of top importance right now and I pray that the rest of your Life will fall into place. I do however, recommend you develop as many good habits now. They can get harder to develop the longer you wait and the older you get. Good habits apply to more endeavors than Music.

God Speed to you my friend

4. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Grammar.

Dale is right, Bottoms94. It isn't about English, it is about attention to detail. It is the very same thing as not turning that dotted quarter and eighth into triplets - detail. Much of what you will need to master in the music business is precision and detail. Unless you are unbelievably talented, you will fall short of your aspiration without dotting your musical Is and crossing your musical Ts.

If you have the time to type into your computer for others to read, you have the time to use your spell and grammar checkers and to make a point of learning how to communicate so others will WANT to read what you have written. As you progress through high school and into college, there will be many times when you will have to write or speak on your own behalf, and if you do it in the same fashion you wrote here earlier, the folks who are in a position to either help or inhibit your success will think you are lazy. That is NOT the message you want to get across.

I suggest you look at your attitude and decide if you are dedicated and mature enough to quit making excuses and do what needs to be done to get where you want to go.

Byron Stripling, artistic director of the Columbus Jass Orchestra, says: "Don't complain, don't explain." He means that it will take discipline and hard work to finish music school and have a successful career and no one wants to hear your complaints or excuses about why you aren't willing to make such a commitment. Think about it.

I wish you all the best and hope you can do it!

veery

5. Bottoms94

Bottoms94 New Friend

Dec 14, 2009
    Chesterfield Va.
    thx for everyones comments. I be sure to fix my spelling ang grammer.