Caruso

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, Mar 2, 2008.

1. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Andrew, Do you have another member of the orchestra inject you? Who is your [SIZE=-1]Brian McNamee[/SIZE]?

2. Tiscione

Tiscione New Friend

Feb 16, 2005
    ATL
    Where do you get these injections? Is it directly to the chops?

As many of you know, we are in the midst of the "Steriod Era" in the orchestral world. Maybe we can start to have congressional hearings to determine who was getting jacked up on roids to help them recover from injuries incurred while playing Alpine, Mahler 8, etc......

Schwab likes this.
  3. MJ

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Andrew back stage before Poem of Ecstasy

[​IMG]

4. amtrpt

amtrpt Pianissimo User

Feb 17, 2008
    toronto
    Check out my black thong!
    Andrew

Huggy Bear likes this.
  5. mobetta

mobetta New Friend

Feb 22, 2008
    (I just wanted to make sure that got quoted.) :lol:

Huggy Bear likes this.
  6. randallged

randallged New Friend

Dec 21, 2007
    I like the approach to strength training like an athlete. I added some "cross-training" to my workout in the form of the tenor sax and harmonica. The tenor uses some different facial muscles that don't seem to bother my trumpet playing. (I can switch between sax and trumpet after my chops are spent and continue to play for awhile.) I'm not a great sax player but sit-in with a blues/funk/rock band and play fills and background stuff... mostly low register. The low register on the tenor requires high air flow and hardly any pressure... a good diaphragm relaxing and stretching excersize. Since the tenor is in Bb there is no mental transposition required... I just taught my fingers to think differently. The harmonica requires quick bursts with the diaphragm as you blow and draw air through the harp. Again, not what is required for trumpet playing but uses the diaphragm in a different way. Also, playing different instruments helps me concentrate on the music and not just playing an instrument. IMHO it's all good

Randy

Huggy Bear likes this.
  7. MJ

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Randy I don't think you are improving your trumpet playing at all by playing the harmonica or sax. If it is a mental break and you are having fun I can understand that. But if you want to improve your trumpet paying you would probably be better off putting all "instruments" away and listen to some great trumpet players.

More details on the diaphragm relaxing please. I've been trying to get mine stretched out for years now.

8. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    It would only be of significance during an audition. Once you have the job and tenure, you are not keeping someone else from winning through unfair training practices...................

That would be something new, having to give a urine sample before being allowed to audition for a job..........................

9. amtrpt

amtrpt Pianissimo User

Feb 17, 2008
    toronto
    Tiscione,
    I have the roids injected directly into the buttocks. Jimmy Spragg, who plays second trumpet here in Toronto does the injecting. I think he may enjoy his job too much.
    Andrew

Schwab likes this.
  10. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    :-o im calling the AFM..... do they have jurisdiction in Canada?