CASAL Trumpet, Made In Germany

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by vassiel, Apr 15, 2012.

1. vassiel

vassiel New Friend

Jan 30, 2012
    Are you able to give me any information or links to a Casal Trumpet? It was clearly engraved, "Made In Germany". I can take pics of it and attach them here. I have no idea the age of this instrument. It was purchased in the early sixties by a high school student. It looks to me as a fine instrument, but what do I know? It is brass and silver. No dents and the valves operate nicely, too! Is there another area on the trumpet that has a serial number to look up? Thanks!

Linda

2. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Please post pictures--they'll certainly clear up any doubts - check the bell, mouthpiece receiver and valve casings for a serial if you're having trouble. I just looked up the brand name at Horn-u-copia but didn't find anything - perhaps another forum member could. Your horn could potentially be a stencil by Huttl, Kuhnl, or another German maker, or it could possibly have Czech components...

3. nieuwguyski

nieuwguyski Forte User

Aug 9, 2004
    Santa Cruz County, CA
    You won't be able to upload pictures directly to this site -- you have to upload them to a picture-hosting site, like PhotoBucket, and paste the img code into your posting here.