Casual Double High "C" comments

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bob Odneal, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Bob Odneal

Bob Odneal Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Talk about quick results! This is GREAT!

Bob :play:
    ====================

9/12/2005
    Casual Double High C etc.

Hi there Bob, I am absolutely amazed at what I experienced today, I watched your beginning movie and tried your first warmup - I took a glance and though okay cool I will get to the "F" and that will have to do for today, this is my normal playing range, I was really surprised that the "G" came out easily and then the "A" and the first sign of difficulty was the "Bb" and then I was able to play the "C" with less strain than ever before.

I have never been able to play the scale up there before doing your warmup in fact very really have I played a "G" and only on rare occasion have I accidentally hit a double high "C". If it was only the warmup, I could have said that it was a a chance and it will never happen again :-)

However throughout the day, (I am busy preparing the Telemann Concerto No 2 in D on Piccolo Trumpet in A for a concert), I found that where I am normally done for after 15 - 20 minutes, that I was able to play it over and over again, the organist was amazed and we finished the rehearsal and I still had steam to play it again :-) I have never had this in fact I am playing one movement on Wednesday and was able to play it over and over again with another pianist for that gig :-)

I did not expect this kind of reaction, I was not sure what to expect, but this sure seems at a first glance and try to be something amazing :-)

I do not really understand what happened to my playing today, but hey it was great :-)

L. B. :play: :play:

2. Chris4

Chris4 Pianissimo User

Jul 16, 2005
    Wow! Ca you tell us the basics of this warmup?

3. TrumpetsAreFun

TrumpetsAreFun Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    are u promoting your own product?

4. Bob Odneal

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Chris4,

My warm up is a very soft, gentle approach with a small aperture. It is very simple and is based on the F scale in order to allow concentration on the muscle memory and fine tuning of the chops.

A proper warm up can be the secret of many players success or failure. I have proved this with pros who used to not warm up. I find if I warm up for as little as a few second I can guarantee I will have a consistent performance because I have all the muscles working together properly.

I warm up the KEY WORD is going UP 1st and warm up the lower notes later. No extreme playing.

Bob :play:

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Hey, Bob...

I love the idea of the upper register as being something to be approached casually and effortlessly. Bravo and thanks for the recent PM!

All the best,
    ML

6. Chris4

Chris4 Pianissimo User

Jul 16, 2005
    Bob,
    Thanks for the info. I'll definately look into your product.

7. Bob Odneal

Jan 5, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    KOOL!