Celebrity Player Horn Values

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jiarby, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    Hi jiarby,
    You stated:
    "but if you could buy Maynard's Conn Connstellation or Miles Davis's Martin Committee.
    ------
    Been there done that. They really aren't worth that much when compared to rock or country memorabilia. Also, a old Martin guitar, old Fender, Gibson, can sell for over well over $10,000 without any famous provenance. My favorite horns are the one's I play on a regular basis. The best one is worn and the laquer could stand a little touch up but when people ask, I tell people it isn't worn, it's well loved.
    Dr.Mark

2. jimc

jimc Mezzo Piano User

May 21, 2009
    Spokane, WA USA
    I agree wholeheartedly! After all, I own a celebrity horn, and it's my main axe. (I'm not a real musician, but I fake it as best I can.) However, in its defense, it was not procured as a celebrity horn, but rather as a fine horn to play that happened to have been celebrity-owned. (My brother bought it first. I bought it from him when he needed money, he had two of the things.)

3. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    IF Louis had only ever played on one horn then I guess we might be more excited, but given that he (and others) played on several, they just don't have the same 'thing' about them.