Cg conn 22b

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Beks, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Beks

Beks New Friend

Jan 11, 2011
    Hello everyone! Years ago I was given a Cg Conn Trumpet and at first I was thinking of selling it, but I would really love to see this thing look great again. It is a silver trumpet with etching down the bell and has a serial number 340xxx. The etching is very angled, not flowery. From my research the last few days, I think it's 1941? It is missing the third valve slide and the very top of one of the keys. No dings/dents, but the silver is getting a little worn off in a couple of places. It has U.S. inscribed on the bell and case also. The number 22B printed on the leadpipe. Does anyone know where I could find original parts for the third valve slide and how I would fix the key top? I wasn't sure what to use to polish the trumpet, or should I? I wouldn't want to mess anything up and have no idea what to do to get started. Or does this even sound worth it to fix? Any help is greatly appreciated and I'm so glad I found this place! Here is a picture of the trumpet.
    [​IMG]

2. Beks

Beks New Friend

Jan 11, 2011
    I apologize, I put this in the wrong forum!

3. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Greetings Beks, welcome to the foumn!

The Conn 22B (NY Symphyony) is supposed to be one of the best Conn ever built. Based on the Conn Loyalist website and many people in here who rave about their 22Bs, it's well worth fixing up or restoring. Any photos of the etching, especially, would be interesting to look at .... a great horn! No doubt the Conn experts will be along soon ....

Turtle

4. Beks

Beks New Friend

Jan 11, 2011
    I have two more pictures, but I thought I did a better job taking pictures, so they really aren't much to look at, haha. I'll take more soon, but you can "kind of" see the etching, but I was mostly trying to get the U.S. engraving in the picture, so not much detail is shown on the etching.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that helps!

5. johnny ray

johnny ray Pianissimo User

May 17, 2010
    The 22b NYS is a great trumpet. I love them. You should definitely get it into playing condition. You might be able to find an old beat up one on Ebay and get the 3rd valve slide off of it. The 'U.S." engraving could mean it was used in a military band. Good luck with whatever you decide to do....you have one of the best trumpets ever made, in my opinion...very easy to play and extremely responsive.

6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I have a finger button which will fit, but it is raw brass, not silver. If you would like it PM me your address and it's yours.