Charles Colin 100 Original Warm Ups

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by W Scott, Aug 3, 2004.

1. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    I stumbled onto and purchased this book over on E-Bay. I'm one of those guys who has to warm up or I'm deaad meat, so I'm always looking for more warm up exercises.

Imagine my surprise to find that the book isn't just warm up exercises. This book is the best I've seen at teaching 'alternate fingerings'. Every exercise, every line has alternate fingerings for several of the notes. Dr. Colin often strings these fingerings together to form several measures.

As an example:

By holding down all three valves, you can play F# (3 notes), then Bb (three notes), then C# (again 3 notes).

Or:

Hold down the 1st and 3rd valves playing D (just above middle C), push down the 2nd valve and play C#, then just the 1st and 3rd valves playing D again. Next measure repeat the pattern (going down the staff) but playing B, A#, B. Then a third measure, same pattern, play G, F#, G. Then a fourth measure, same pattern playing D, C#, D.

Anyway, I hope somebody out there who's been looking for something like this can benefit from this post........

2. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    That was the first book Chas Colin published.

3. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    I think I'm going to be looking for a few more of his books. Any recommends?

4. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    Lip Flexibilities, Vol 1,2,3.