Charlotte Hosts NYTC Trumpet Fest

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by wilcox96, Aug 29, 2007.

1. wilcox96

wilcox96 Mezzo Piano User

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    This is an advanced notice about an upcoming event in Charlotte NC. Felix Vayser will personally be on hand, Sunday Sept 23rd 2007 as Charlotte NC hosts the NYTC Trumpet Fest. This is a rare, “free†opportunity to check out some of the incredible Stage 1 horns Felix has available. Bb’s, C’s, Flugelhorns, mouthpieces – all will be available to try on site! With Felix here to answer all your questions, this is a “can’t miss†opportunity!

The event will also feature a panel of area pro trumpet players who will cover a variety of trumpet related topics, take your questions and also help area school trumpet sections or individuals with practical advice on how to improve their playing. These players range in experience from Vegas shows, national artists, touring Broadway musicals and recordings to professional Symphonies, Classical soloists and educators. This is your chance to get real world advice from working, professional players.

Mark this information on your calendar and make plans to be here! We are gonna have some fun!

When: Sunday, Sept 23, 2007 2pm-6pm
    Where: Bryant Hall @ the CPCC campus (e-mail for directions)
    Charlotte NC

Contact info: Brad Wilcox ([email protected])
    John Carmichael ([email protected])

Thanks so much to Felix Vayser and the New York Trumpet Company for helping make this happen!!! We all look forward to seeing you there.

2. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007
    -Good show Felix! Sounds like good fun.

You gonna bring those new horns with ya? I may be headed down FL way about then, i might could stop in and say how do.

3. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    What a great time will be had by all. Shoot, maybe I'll get some "go ye" in my heels and put some miles on the corolla.

4. max3k

max3k Mezzo Piano User

Jan 7, 2007
    I will be there for sure. Hopefully with my new Cali Custom in hand.

5. wilcox96

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    Thanks to all of you. It would be terrific if you could make it. I have spoken to Felix about what horns he's bringing. I don't think I can give you anything definate yet (gotta keep some secrets and tease a little bit!!!)... but it sounds like he's bringing some beauties. There will definitely be some that I haven't tried before.

Here's an update on some directions:

Bryant Recital Hall at CPCC Main Campus
    Charlotte, NC
    704-330-6534 phone

Directions & Parking
    From Independence Avenue Proceed on 4th Street towards King’s and Uptown Charlotte. Turn right into the driveway to the second parking deck, labeled as Employee Parking on the sign and as Faculty/Staff/Theatre parking on the structure. Overflow parking is available on Elizabeth Avenue across Kings towards Uptown before one crosses under I-277.

Anyone can contact me for further directions from out of the Charlotte area....I'll be glad to help. You can send me an e-mail at [email protected].

I am really pleased with the contacts I've had already. This is a neat opportunity.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  6. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY

Yes, I'll be there with new models,few of them,actually.
    Look forward to seeing you all.We'll have some fun for sure.:)

7. wilcox96

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    I have decided to condense posting information about this event into the HORNS forum on TM. Please look there for updates and information.

Thanks.